I would clear things upfront,I have not read Tolkein's books.
The Hobbit is the first film of the new Trilogy of The 3 Hobbit films.Peter Jackson has somehow managed to convert a 275 pages Children's book written in 1937 by Tolkien into an epic saga divided into 3 feature length films.The previous film trilogy Lord of the Rings was also an adaptation of his novels.The film 'The Hobbit introduces almost a bunch of somewhat goofy dwarves.If you're a Die-hard Tolkien fan,you would have memorized all the names before watching,but in my case I was a little bamboozled by who's who.If you're a Big LOTR fan,you won't be disappointed with the turnout.The story was meant to cater to children but it does more than that.I have never been a huge fan of the adventure/fantasy genre but it is the brilliance of The 500 plus crew that worked their arse to make such an Epic.The CGI team at Weta Digital in NZ have challenged other studios with the advances in their technology for films.Martin Freeman plays 'Bilbo Baggins' very flawlessly.Ian Mckellen portrays 'Gandalf' with poise,Richard Armitage as 'Thorin'-The Leader of the dwarves also did a pretty decent job.The film is full of adventure and Action,not forgetting picturesque views of Nzealand.Bilbo's home Bag-end was recreated near matamata as it was back in 2005.
I would summarize by saying if you want to go on an adventure ride in fantasy world of Tolkien and Peter Jackson,you must go see the film in any form possible.If you end up wiki-ing and you-tubing the shit out of a film like me,then I recon it's worth the experience.
RATINGS-****/5

No comments:
Post a Comment